Captivate For ISA 2006 and Forefront TMG
Add any custom process before allowing access
- Terms of Service agreement screen
- Authenticate SecureNAT users
- Control access to any protocol
- Tight integration with ISA/TMG rule management
- Highly customizable
Captive portal and ISA/TMG proxy
There are many scenarios where a web proxy provider wishes to inject a special process before allowing access to the Internet. Some simple examples are:
- Display a “Terms of Service” screen or policy page which the user must read and acknowledge.
- On a wireless network segment, always direct the user to a custom start page first, before allowing other browsing. This could be a home page, or an external web app that collects information or payment.
- On a wireless network segment, track and log new users by IP and MAC address.
- Require users to authenticate to ISA with a web form before allowing browsing. This is useful when you cannot control the browser proxy settings, but your users will still have accounts that are known to ISA.
- Block access to other protocols (such as FTP, SSH, etc.) until a user passes the authorization process, then allow those protocols.
from Collective Software is a filter for ISA 2006 and Forefront TMG that adds flexible captive portal functionality to your proxied networks. It directly supports all of the above scenarios, and has scriptable features to extend and enhance its functionality.